Hockey Alberta is seeking a talented and energetic professional to join the organization as our inaugural Mentor, Female Hockey.
The Mentor, Female Hockey position is a new role that focuses on providing quality service to coaches, membership, and stakeholders of Hockey Alberta. Primarily working alongside staff and volunteers, this position will lead, and guide assigned Hockey Alberta Members and Programs ensuring they are connected to the annual strategies aimed at advancing the game. The position is responsible for the overall management of Team Alberta Female Mentorship and Elite and Tiered Female Coach Development, while supporting NCCP, Coach Development Pathway and Coach Exchange Program.
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will have the option to work from our Red Deer office, or remotely from his/ her home in Alberta. The successful candidate reports to the Manager, Female Hockey, and liaises closely and works collaboratively with the Coordinator, Female Hockey, the Senior Manager Hockey Development, and staff members and volunteers across the organization.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Organizational Leadership for Female Hockey
- Manage, lead, and guide volunteers within Female Hockey
- Support the creation and implementation of Hockey Alberta’s Female Hockey Delivery Model, and annual plans for the growth and expansion of Female Hockey
- Liaise with MHAs, Club Teams, and Leagues to provide operational support/guidance
- Execute on actions for recruitment and retention of coaches
- Establish, implement and lead an ‘alumni relations’ plan.
- Liaise with Hockey Canada on Female Programs and Initiatives
- Manage assigned budgets and resources, and provide support in achieving Strategic Initiatives
2. Team Alberta Female Mentorship
- Lead, recruit and train team mentors for Alberta Challenge, Alberta Winter Games and Team Alberta U16 Development Camp
- Assist in process to recruit and select coaches for Team Alberta U16 and U18 programs
- Serve as Coach Mentor for Team Alberta U18 Program, including all camps and competition
- Lead technical outline formation and take an active role in developing the 4 pillars of High Performance
- Assist in process to develop and refine Short Term Competition Plan to ensure our teams are ready to compete at the highest levels
3. Female Tiered & Elite Coach Development
- Create and implement a coach development plan that focusses on specific content for the age and level of the player
- Lead coach recruitment, appreciation, and recognition strategy
- Lead online learning initiatives, creation of website content and direct communications to coaches
4. National Coach Certification Program (NCCP)
- Support Female Facilitator Recruitment and Training
- Support Female Clinic Delivery Model
- Support Female Instructional Stream Clinics
5. Coach Development Pathway
- In consultation with Senior Manager, Hockey Development review and refine pathway
- Educate female coaches on the pathway and development opportunities
- Support the creation of Coach Exchange Program in building relationships and identifying coaches
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Sport Administration, Recreation, Business, Marketing, or a relevant field
- A minimum of five years of experience in a relevant field and/or professional setting
- NCCP High Performance 1 certified
- 5-10 years coaching experience at the elite level
- Hockey playing experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel and other Microsoft products is an asset
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills are essential to work in this busy team environment
- Interpersonal Skills, including:
- o ability to positively and professionally communicate, interact and build relationships with volunteers, members, sponsors, media, board members, staff, clients and general public
- o ability to work independently on tasks and projects
- o ability to prioritize and meet various deadlines and work on ongoing projects
- Ability to be work independently and dependently with staff and volunteers
- Ability to be creative, facilitate change, develop and implement yearly budgets and respect policies and procedures
- Employee supervision training and experience is considered an asset
- Salary is based on the Hockey Alberta Performance Management Policy relative to the successful applicant’s education and experience. Salary range for the Mentor, Female Hockey position is $56,000-$65,000 annually.
- A six-month probation period is in effect for each new employee.
- An attractive health benefits plan (at the completion of the probation period) and employer-matched RSP contribution plan (at the completion of two years of employment) are available.
- Travel compensation, cell phone and laptop are provided.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to:
Attention: Kendall Newell, Manager, Female Hockey
Email: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm (MT). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hockey Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment that provides opportunities for all.
ABOUT HOCKEY ALBERTA
Hockey Alberta is the governing body for sanctioned hockey in the province of Alberta, and a proud member of Hockey Canada. Hockey Alberta is a dynamic, not-for-profit provincial sport organization that has more than 400 hockey associations and club teams that server more than 95,000 participants between the levels of U7 and Senior hockey.
Hockey Alberta’s workforce includes a volunteer core of approximately 100, and a full-time staff of 32. Our head office is in Red Deer at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre at Red Deer Polytechnic, with Regional Managers in Edmonton and Lloydminster leading development in northern Alberta, and Regional Managers in Medicine Hat and Calgary leading development in southern Alberta.
Vision: Hockey For Life.
Mission: To create positive opportunities and experiences FOR ALL PLAYERS through innovative leadership and exceptional service.
Integrity – Do the right thing for the right reasons
Community – Make a difference for all Albertans
Collaboration – Work together, win together
Innovation – Be curious, courageous, creative
Passion – Fuels our why, drives our what
For more information, check out:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com