Sauce Us a Follow

  1. Uncategorized
  2. Northeastern Starts Season with Two Ties

Northeastern Starts Season with Two Ties


Share this article

Happy October! I hope everyone is enjoying the fall atmosphere and beautiful scenery! 

Our first official practice meant that hockey season had finally arrived again. After a great week of practicing the pups had our first two games, exhibition games that is. The first exhibition game fell on Sunday September 28th against the Montreal Stars, where we fell short by a score of 3-4. Another whole week of classes, lift, and practices continued, which brought us to the second exhibition game that was held on Saturday, October 4th against the Oakville Hornets. Both were held at Matthew’s Arena, and we ended up beating the Hornets by a score of 5-1. Not a bad start to our season. 

We were given Sunday off to catch up on our schoolwork and rejuvenate to get ready for the next week ahead. It happened to be a gorgeous day outside, which made it even better! Monday rolls around and we are back on our weekly grind. With our departure date being Thursday October 9th, the week flew by. We ended up having a 6am practice on Thursday morning, so we would be able to attend our classes for the day. Once our academics were taken care of then we loaded the bus for our first road trip of the year. We were off to Syracuse. Long, but great bus ride, and we had arrived. We stopped at a local restaurant to eat, and then went back to the hotel to get sleep before our first regular season game. The next morning we had team breakfast, video, and then a little bit of down time before the puck dropped at 7pm. It was definitely a battle until the final buzzer. 1-1 score at the end of regulation play, which then took us to our first overtime. At the end of OT the score remained a tie. We weren’t done yet, however. We packed up the bus and were now off to Rochester. Once we had checked in to the new hotel it was time to recover for our next opponent. A good nights sleep and we were ready to play RIT. With the grand opening of the Tigers new arena, there was a sell out crowd of 3,000 in attendance. It was really cool to play in front of that many fans, and after 60 minutes of play, we had another tied game. Overtime still wasn’t enough as the final score came out to be 2-2. 

Not a bad first weekend, but still much work to be done. We are currently on the bus back to Boston, so I figured I would give everyone an update while I have quite a few hours to kill. It also happens to be Columbus Day weekend; so for those who have no classes on Monday, I hope you all have an awesome long weekend! 

Until next time hockey fans! 


Previous Post
The Most Anticipated Season of the Year … Hockey Season!
Next Post
On Ice vs. On Your Resume